During our session, we talked about the ideal structure for the solutions sales process breaking down the key objectives for a solutions sales rep to accomplish before holding the first appointment, then what to focus on during the first and/or second appointment and finally how to close the deal during the second and/or third appointment.
Prior to the First Appointment:
- Preliminary qualification (use a standard lead qualification process)
- Pain level, solution fit, business value, decision process & timeframe
- Sales Tools: Sales Guide, Quick Reference, Lead Qualification Scorecard
- Establish your value proposition and build trust
- Fill in the gaps from the preliminary qualification process
- Begin the discovery process & needs analysis tied to business benefits
- Identify decision makers and understand the approval process
- Sales Tools: Sales Presentation, Lead Qualif. Scorecard, Quick Reference
- Present your quotation, the cloud solutions their business benefits
- Prepare/deliver ROI analysis if appropriate
- Schedule a proof of concept if necessary and only with success criteria
- Identify all open issues, finalize pricing & contract terms, close the deal
- Sales Tools: Quotation Builder, ROI Calculator
We concluded the session with a brief introduction to the sales tools contained in the Sales Process Blueprint including a standard cloud solutions sales presentation, a quick reference guide, a lead qualification scorecard, a quotation builder and an ROI calculator. The group was encourage to review the tools and ask us for help if you have any questions on how and when to use them or suggestions for how to improve them.
Here are some discussion topics taken up by the group:
1. Do you have a standard lead qualification process?
2. What do you think are the most important discovery questions to ask?
3. Where does your sales process encounter the most resistance?
4. What are the most valuable sales tools that you have or would like to see?
5. Do conduct formal sales training for your reps and sales agents?